Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A wound In the Side of The Church

Our "fearful" leader has declared the LGBT persons are a wound in the side of the church. Let's take a quick look at that and see if we can make some sense of all of the nonsense.

Let me take you back, a way back to a small, closed room. Let see if we can listen to what is going on. . . Rowan, called the Archbishop of Canterbury, who was one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. When the Episcopal Church of the United States said, 'We have seen the Lord', he answered, 'Unless I can see the holes that the nails made in his hands and put my hand into his side, I refuse to believe'. Eight days later the Anglican Communion were in the house again and Rowan was with them. The doors were closed, but Jesus came in and stood among them. 'Peace be with you' he said. Then he spoke to Rowan, 'Put your finger here, this is the wound for those who cannot speak for themselves; and put your finger here, this is the wound for those women who have never been allowed to be priests and bishops; and put your finger here, this is the wound for those who live in poverty and cannot come to your church; and put your finger here, this is trhe wound for the children that are brushed aside each and every Sunday; and give me your hand, and put it into my side, this is the wound for those LGBT who have been beaten, kept from my church and my sacraments and have been killed for thier desire to get close to me.' Doubt no longer but believe.

You believe because you can see me. Happy are those who have not seen me and yet believe. Keep them no longer from my side.



h/t to Susan Russell and the Gospel of John

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I wish the ABC could read this. Maybe, just maybe he could start to understand.