Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Cany, your host at Just Another Black Sheep, did us the honor of nominating OTA for the Honest Scrap Award. I hear this is “bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.” I think most of the kudos go to Fred, but he was kind enough to blog on Cany's H.S. award for our Real Anglicans site. So, you get comments from little old me over here at Off-Topic.
Hmmm...I'm supposed to tell you ten honest things about myself, and I'm guessing they should be things I'm not mouthing about all the time. So, here goes:
1. I love chocolate as much (or more) than our Leonardo Ricardo. But it's the dark variety that stole my heart years ago - and my favorite is made by Lake Champlain Chocolates, Belgian-style but made in Vermont. Their milk chocolate is wonderful,too. And their truffles, and special candy bars and...
2. My favorite liturgical composer is John Rutter.
3. I only watch television about once a month, unless something special is happening. I'd rather read, or play here at the 'puter if I'm alone and need amusement. For background noise - music!
4. My first name really is Lynn.
5. I was raised Episcopalian and there are many Piskies going back in the family tree. However, neither of my parents were raised in TEC.
6. I own a scandalous number of cookbooks.
7. I prefer the mountains to the beach when I need a getaway. Take me to the Blue Ridge, now - please?
8. I love Costa Rican coffee almost as much as I love chocolate. I usually buy Café Britt; this company supports the Costa Rican economy throughout the supply chain as the coffee beans are grown, roasted and packaged in-country. Most Costa Rican coffee you buy in the U.S. has been exported before roasting.
9. I don't write poetry.
10. I have run out of things I'm willing to share.
I know I'm supposed to pass this award along to several favorite blogs, but I think we're running out of wild-haired Piskies to honor. I'll just suggest you check the blog roll and visit the places listed there. Of course, if you're a regular reader and want to get the award, email me! Now don't fuss about my attitude. Fred nominated people over at Real Anglicans. Honest.